Modded Raptors Forum banner

1 - 20 of 83 Posts

·
Registered
317 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
oh yes it has! A little repaint, installing few shiny things, fender cutting etc :thumb:
Originally i was going to put it apart after our ice racing day in two weeks. And i was thinking not to touch the engine at all (here´s link to my last winter slight engine tuning http://www.moddedraptor.com/community/show-off-your-raptor-here/16127-my-first-build.html ).

But as always things didn´t went as i planned, the lower end of the connecting rod seized couple days ago + it also made some scraches on the piston and cylinder. So i guess i will be splitting cases and thinking what to do with the cylinder..

But here´s some pictures:

That´s what it looked like couple days ago

Now i got it stripped pretty well

Today i will complete stripping.

Here´s a pic of the condition of piston and cylinder, the scratches are not deep.

If anyone have their two sents to throw what to do with the cylinder please i´d like to hear it.

·
Registered
481 Posts
That sucks man good luck with the rebuild though

·
Registered
317 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
That sucks big time :thumbsdown:
But fixing it yourself is also very rewarding, i´m gona change new crankshaft+con.rod (oem specs).
And cause i don´t have so much money i´ll leave damaged cylinder on the shelf and fix it sometimes in the future.
I have spare engine so i´ll take cylinder from it. So i´ll only have to buy the piston.

The build is going good, i took front frame and bunch of smaller parts to the painter, monday he´ll start working on them, i also suppose to get other parts from p.coating next week. So soon i´ll be able to start putting my bike together!
Exhaust pipes are gona get ceramic coating, front pipes are getting matt black and rears will get "chrome".
Few parts that will get actual chrome coating had took me so far 4 days to prepare and i´m still not ready. Quite a job!

Well enough writing, i´m off to garage.

·
Registered
317 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
The color is great, i wanted it to be buell orange but i didn´t find the color code so i choose the gilera orange and it came out very nice! Especially in the sun light it really pops out! Can´t wait to start put it together!!

·
Registered
317 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Thanks guys, i spent many many hours in photoshop thinking different options, i really hope that the color theme i came up wiht will work great together.

Splitted cases yesterday, everything is in good shape! I didn´t manage to get the crank out. Tomorrow i must get some kind of puller to get it out. I´ll change the main bearings too.
That was my first time taking engine apart, it wasn´t so dificult, i bet putting it back together is more tricky...

Alkire193´s "770 build reference" was very helpful in "how to" section!

MR site is simply priceless :)

·
Registered
317 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
:rockon: post more pics of the tear down!! I love pics :)
I know that you love pics brett :lol: too bad i didn´t take many pictures during tear down. Here´s one, it´s too dark pic, the oil was bad, but not as bad as it looks in this picture

·
Registered
443 Posts
Looking good that Lamborghini color is sweet. Are you going to do any trans work while you are in there?

·
Registered
317 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
Looking good that Lamborghini color is sweet. Are you going to do any trans work while you are in there?
Thanks! unfortunaly i'm short on money right now so i'll do only necessary part swapping.
But maybe in the future i will :thumb:

·
Registered
96 Posts
I can't wait to see what your Raptor looks like once everything comes together. I'm sure it will really be sick looking. All that chrome work must have set you back alot of bucks? I thought about doing my lower motor mounts and a few other things but will need to save up some. Good job on your first motor tear down and I hope you do not run into any issues putting it back together.

1 - 20 of 83 Posts