Modded Raptors Forum banner

1 - 20 of 24 Posts

·
Registered
1,484 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Can anyone tell me how a 22x11x9 on the rear would effect me over the stock 20x10x9 would? Just curious what it would do to me and how it would effect me. If it would slow me down or speed me up or what. Let me know what you all think. thanks

·
Registered
71 Posts
I run 23" front and 22x11x9 in the back, ITP XCT's on ITP Baja's The taller 6x ply tire is almost mandatory for us desert guys but you will notice an increase in weight. What type of riding do you do mainly?

·
Registered
1,484 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I run 23" front and 22x11x9 in the back, ITP XCT's on ITP Baja's The taller 6x ply tire is almost mandatory for us desert guys but you will notice an increase in weight. What type of riding do you do mainly?
I do mostly trail riding with a tiny bit of desert.

·
Registered
178 Posts
im assuming your replacing your rear tires and trying to find stock sizes but they don make them right ? i did the same thing i went from stock 20x10x9 to 20x11x9 it is fine i noticed no difference , all it is is 1 inch wider thats alll !

·
Registered
1,484 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
ya but im also goin 2 inches bigger also not just wider.

·
Registered
1,145 Posts
I would think it would slightly increase your top end and possibly ever so slightly hurt acceleration. I doubt you'd see a decrease in acceleration because you probably spin the tires like a mad man already. If anything, the new tires may be heavier and that's what would slow you down.

My guess is you'd be faster all around because you'd probably hookup better with a better tire and you'd get better ground clearance with the 22".

·
Registered
14 Posts
I've been running Hole shot 22-11-10's and i love the ground clearance the 22's give me. I know they weigh more, but I really don't notice. I ride trails 99% of the time.

·
Registered
1,145 Posts
What tire you looking at red?

I run the 20" h-d's in the rear and they are big & heavy and I still haul ass! I believe the h-d's run taller than the advertised 20" too.

·
Registered
1,145 Posts
I love those tires Shawnz, nice ride!

·
Registered
2,486 Posts

·
Registered
1,484 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
What tire you looking at red?

I run the 20" h-d's in the rear and they are big & heavy and I still haul ass! I believe the h-d's run taller than the advertised 20" too.
Hey man. I was looking at the Maxxis Razr 22x11x9 6ply tires. Was thinking about gncc's but hear alot of bad things about out of roundness and stuff like that. I like the way the razrs look.

·
Registered
1,484 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Could i run the 22's in the rear fine and keep the stock tires up front for now or will that throw me way off?

·
Registered
909 Posts
Could i run the 22's in the rear fine and keep the stock tires up front for now or will that throw me way off?
I did at first and HATED it. The stock tires have 'no' bite compared to the Razr/Razr2's.

If you want to save some coin, concider the GBC XREX or the original Razr tires.

I've ridden My Razr2 tires vs the Razr tires in the same size and I couldn't tell a difference on the trails. I think the big benefit of the 2s is they last forever (Mine are a year old at least and have as much tread as new Razr tires).

I'll probly buy the Razr2s or XREX tires next time around.

·
Registered
1,484 Posts
Discussion Starter #15 (Edited)
Well i think im goin to try the 20x10x9 itp gncc's. I hope this is a good tire. let me know what you guys think of this tire. It was a toss up between this and the bigger size razr 2's.

·
Registered
489 Posts
I havent had any problems with my GNCC's, that is the same size I'm running too. I know 135boom has these too (he is in Spokane too) and he likes them alot

·
Registered
1,484 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
I havent had any problems with my GNCC's, that is the same size I'm running too. I know 135boom has these too (he is in Spokane too) and he likes them alot
Do they hook up well? Do they give good traction on acceleration? Ive only ran stock so im sure it a major improvement from that.

·
Registered
909 Posts
The GNCCs are known for being a sticky tire. I think their only down side is they wear out fast, comparatively.

·
Registered
71 Posts
Go with the taller tire you will enjoy the clearance and won't notice a decrease in speed...

·
Registered
390 Posts
Well i think im goin to try the 20x10x9 itp gncc's. I hope this is a good tire. let me know what you guys think of this tire. It was a toss up between this and the bigger size razr 2's.
Great tire, but get the 21x11x9 GNCC's. The 21' GNCC's are the same size as the 20" Razr2. The 20" GNCC's are really narrow and a little on the short side.

The hook up wicked tho!

1 - 20 of 24 Posts