Modded Raptors Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
263 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
i just went to the dealership and inquired in a new rubber for the bushing because mine got torn....they told me that it only came with the whole top a-arm assembly? has anybody had this problem ...and do you know where i can get a new rubber?

·
Registered
263 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
ya apparently the ball joint on the top a- arm only comes in the entire assembly....im just looking to replace the rubber on the outside of the balljoint as it is ripped...

·
Registered
132 Posts
ya apparently the ball joint on the top a- arm only comes in the entire assembly....im just looking to replace the rubber on the outside of the balljoint as it is ripped...
If your balljoint is still working ok, and you just have a tear in the boot, you can spay some Brakelean on it to get it super clean, then apply a high quality silicone on it. I have told others to do it, and it worked. If not, you have to buy a new arm. at the oem prices, if you have to buy a new arm, you might as well shell out a couple hundred more and get a set of aftermarket +2s and have ajustability, wider stance. and more travel.

·
Registered
263 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
If your balljoint is still working ok, and you just have a tear in the boot, you can spay some Brakelean on it to get it super clean, then apply a high quality silicone on it. I have told others to do it, and it worked. If not, you have to buy a new arm. at the oem prices, if you have to buy a new arm, you might as well shell out a couple hundred more and get a set of aftermarket +2s and have ajustability, wider stance. and more travel.
ok ill try to clean it really good ...then throw some grease in there and then silicone it ...

but i was thinking of getting a lower ball joint and using the boot from that....it looks almost the same ...do you guys think it'll work?

·
Registered
263 Posts
Discussion Starter #6 (Edited)
thanks doubled!! i just repaired the rubber with some black silicone...thx a bunch its as good as new...next season im gonna get some JD's

·
Registered
263 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
I'm glad it worked for ya. Nothin better than a fix thats basically free.
it was free !! thx got the black silicone from work...:thumb:

1 - 8 of 8 Posts