Modded Raptors Forum banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Looking to get a trail tech vapor for my 2002 raptor 660. I see they come with the temperature sensor that goes inline with the radiator hose. I would prefer not having to cut my hose if possible. I saw they have a sensor that goes on the spark plug instead. Has anyone used this option to get engine temperature? If I did go with this option I need the spark plug thread size (diameter) so I can order it online. Anyone know the size of the spark plug thread? My raptor is currently 1000 miles away and cannot measure it.

Also, I noticed the inline radiator temp sensor says it can be on either the inlet to the radiator or the outlet. Wouldn't it make most sense to measure the inlet, so the top temperature can be measured? ANyone ever install this and liked it? Are they pretty durable/waterproof?

Appreciate any comments/suggestions.

Thanks!:banana:

·
Registered
96 Posts
i was looking and researching the VAPOR also.. I think the wire with the loop end goes near the spark plug to read rpms but not sure.. would call them and ask they are nice people to talk to..Good customer service

1 - 2 of 2 Posts