Modded Raptors Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
64 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey everyone i have been having problems with my trans in my 03 660. At first i thought it was a combination of a worn out sproket and a bad chain, well i changed all of that and still no luck in 2nd gear ( the only place i am realy haveing the biggest problem with. Also when i changed my clutches i found a short allen head bolt just laying in the bottom of the case. I finally bite the bullet and tore the motor down thinking it was a stripped gear in the tranny, well today i got it all apart and all the gears look alright. All of the bearings looked good and had no movemen, except on the shift drum. I noticed it had a good bit of movement up and down on the bearing, and had a couple nicks on it. So my question is could that casue my issue in 2nd, because it almost acts like its not all the way in gear. and right now i am at a loss because everything seems fine except that, and i was wanting to ask before i just replaced it and have to get it all back together before i can find out if that was the problem. Any help would be much appriciated.

·
I am smarter than you....
2,051 Posts
ok the important part to check on the gears is called a clutch dog. it is the teeth that stick out of the side of the gear to engage it. check all of those clutch dogs and make sure they are good. if they are worn it will cause it to jump out of gear.

·
Registered
64 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Alright one more question about this damn trans, i have been doing my research and foudn out this is an 01 trans. Now my question is, if i get the 2 gears i need from an 02 or up can i just get the 2nd and 4th pinion gears and be done with it? or do i have to spend $700 on the update kit?

1 - 6 of 6 Posts