Modded Raptors Forum banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
30 Posts
i have to work sunday or else it sounds good. i want to make it back down there a few times this summer.if you dont camp where is the best place to park?do rangers or the cops ever give you a hard time?thanks and post up next time you go.

dan

·
Registered
246 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
I am very unhappy to report that Trevorton is no longer the trouble free place that it once was. Seems that today another person got airlifted (2nd in one month) and the coal company which owns the property gave the pennsylvania state police permission to fine all riders who were riding without a permit. I myself found this out the hard way by getting both $500 in fines and my quad impounded.

A rider is only legal to ride there when possesing a permit purchased from the land owners, which in itself requires both a pennsylvania registration and insurance on said vehicle. I do not know how much the permit costs, but I have heard in the range of $4-500 dollars. Seems they are trying their hardest to deter people from riding, and if they cant, they will sure make a lot of money off of them.

Today is truly a sad day

·
Registered
30 Posts
sorry to hear that. is the person ok ? do you know how much of the area this will effect? does the coal company own all of it?when can you get your quad back?

·
R.I.P. Coop
2,192 Posts
I would bet that the coal company would need to get theirselves some liability insurance for the land and this said insurance is not ceap or easy to ascertain, so this said coal company would need to get alot of cash as well as alot of paid members to help pay for these insurance fee's!

·
Registered
116 Posts
Cool I might head up next week then. I ususally stay in the trails Iam not a big fan of hill climbs.

·
Registered
205 Posts
any word on your quad? i dont think im stopping for the cops to impound my shit. all there going to see is a big cloud of dust as i roll out, if there paying atention they might see its a black bike but thats about it.

·
Registered
10 Posts
hope you get your quad back jim~! i wonder what the impoud fee is on top of the $500 slap in the face!

·
Registered
1,219 Posts
so what was the reason your quad got impounded? couldnt have just been casue you were riding there.....i would think they would fine you and just make you leave...does anyone kno who to contact to get a permitt to ride there....i already have my quad reg. and insurance on it just need to buy one of those permitts......ANYONE?

1 - 14 of 14 Posts