Modded Raptors Forum banner
1 - 20 of 28 Posts

·
Registered
940 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Wondering if anyone is planning a trip to the hatfield mcCoy trails when it decides to warm up??

If we get enough peeps lets all get together and plan this thing!! :banana:

If your in...............chime in a date and lets see what we can do :thumb:

I live in East TN and have not been yet! Really would like to check it out!:rockon:

·
Registered
1,788 Posts
Your quad DOES NOT have to have insurance (although it's a great idea) and it does not have to be registered as in registered with the DMV. It has to be registered with the Hatfield McCoy Trails (not the DMV) in order to ride on THE TRAILS. That's all. It's like 27.00 for WV residents to ride there and like 50.00 for non-residents of WV. However, if say you pay the 50.00 to ride there then it remains valid until Jan.1 2011. Keep in mind they are not classified as "annual permits" but it is in a sense an annual permit depending on how early in the year you purchase it, hence being valid through Jan 1st 2011.

I dug that up from a prior post I made, it has some info that you didn't request but it doesn't hurt to know a little more.

·
Registered
940 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Id love for several of us to plan and make a trip happen!! Heck, we will have our own east coast MR raptor rally!!

If anyone is seriously interested, lets start posting some dates and see when people are able to go. Usually summer time on fri-sun. is good for me.
I also have a couple buddies with 700's that are not members yet that I can probably get to go:thumb:

·
Registered
940 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
EAST COAST MR RAPTOR RALLY 2010 AT HATFIELD MCCOY TRAILS !!!!!

I can see it now.......................

:pervrock::pervjump::drinking:

·
Registered
38 Posts
i got about 5-6 buddies who would be down to ride the trails, were thinking sometime in april when it gets warmer,got about 3 700's, 1 660, Banshee, yfz 450's..etc

·
Registered
940 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Everyone that is interested PLEASE post up recommended dates and lets see if we can all agree and move forward with this :rockon:

·
Registered
82 Posts
i am down i have about 10-15 quads and bike guys that want to make a weekend out of Hatfield McCoy. Keep me posted and ill keep you guys posted on what dates we dig up. We are gunna start planning it this weekend after our ride this saturday. Ill let u guys know what dates we are working with. If anyone has any places they recommend to stay at lets hear it, ill get some info from some friends of mine who have gone. Ill let u guys know soon.

Ben Y

·
Registered
1,501 Posts
My husband and I went down for a week and stayed at the Colonial Motel in Man, WV. If you are looking for a decent motel for a fairly cheap rate, this place is recommended. The owners there are great and even offered to let us park our quads in his locked garage over night. They are cool with trailers and stuff too.

You can ride straight from their parking lot down the street to the HMT trailhead (Rockhouse, I believe).

We stayed there for a week and even loaded up the quads a couple of the days and hit up Bear Wallow and Pinnacle Creek trails too.

·
Registered
940 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Sounds great Fellas:rockon: Sounds like we could have ALOT of folks gettin' together for this:thumb:

Lets throw some dates together and see where it goes. Im good with weekends and maybe a friday to get up there!

·
Registered
1,501 Posts
Me and a friend are gone to Hatfield Mccoy from April 28 to May 1. We are staying in Mann,Wv and plan on riding Rock house ,Pinnicle and Bear Wallow during our stay.
where are you staying in Mann? You'll have a blast on those trails! My husband and I did the same thing last year and rode all 3 of those trails!

·
Registered
45 Posts
The owner of the rockhouse lodges son has trailers to rent right near to rockhouse depot and we are staying in the trailer this trip. I normally stay in the rockhouse lodge but all the rooms are taken. I love riding Hatfield McCoy Trail Systems.
:hyper:

·
Registered
146 Posts
just got back from pinnicle and it was TERRIBLE...Very dusty,rocks the size of basketballs and not very big..Id say out of all the systems which i have now completed Buffalo mountain is by far the best one.

·
Registered
1,501 Posts
just got back from pinnicle and it was TERRIBLE...Very dusty,rocks the size of basketballs and not very big..Id say out of all the systems which i have now completed Buffalo mountain is by far the best one.
that is interesting....we rode Pinnacle, Bear Wallow, and Rockhouse last year and out of the 3, Pinnacle was the fastest trails....was a bit dusty, but weren't many rocks at all...wonder what changed....I do agree that it wasn't very big but was still really fun when we went!

·
Registered
940 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
Back to the topic of seeing who all can get together this summer at the hatfield mcCoy trails let me know. My wife is now expecting our first child so Id like to make a trip this summer before the young'n gets here...........

·
Registered
45 Posts
Hey CUETO700R, I hope you like to ride in HEAVY dust because Hatfield gets extremely dusty in the summer time. You cant even see the trail because of all the dust. I personally only go to hatfield trails in the early spring and late fall(less riders and dust on the trails). But if you do go this summer ride fast and hard and have a great time.:sport:

1 - 20 of 28 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.