Modded Raptors Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I recently just got a 2002 RAPTOR 660 and it wasn't in the best condition. i just rebuilt the carbs and when i went to run it, it was running way to much. it has 11:1 wiseco piston bored to 100.5 mm. and i think the jets need adjusted. can anyone help me on what jet settings it should be at?:banghead:

·
Registered
353 Posts
what do you mean by "it was running way to much?" Need full list of mods before we can give you jetting recommendations....elevation as well

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #3 (Edited)
11:1 wiseco piston
Stage 2 cam
New gaskets and oil rings in cylinder
it might still have the stock jets in it as well but im not sure
how do you determine the elevation?
I meant it was running way too rich and it was burning oil, reason why it has new gaskets and oil rings.

·
Registered
353 Posts
yeah...if you dont have a jet kit already, get a GYTR or Vitos...dont get dynojet...they use different jet sizing and not everyone can help you....nothing wrong with their kit, they just use different sizing #s. Both of those jet kits come with 25 pilots.

·
Registered
408 Posts
Yeah, you need a jet kit with needles that are tapered more than the stock ones, don't buy a jet kit that doesn't come with new needles. It is ashamed that Yamaha stopped making the GYT-R jet kits, those were the best.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts