Modded Raptors Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Where you at D7? :tongue:

On a serious note; why wouldn't this be possible with a big bore kit?

I'd drop 10,000 for a twin turbo right now.

Dave

·
Registered
144 Posts
Unless someone wants to go throught the r&d to come up with a set of billet cases i dont see any further enhancements to get more power out of the raptors than we already have, we already know we can make power from them until the entire motor grenades itself, plus with a twin turbo setup who wants all that extra hardware all over their bike?? No way man lol.

·
Premium Member
1,138 Posts
Not saying it's not possible. We have been asked to do it several times before and there has been a few who have tried it.................. It has several downsides . The biggest being only getting an exhaust pulse every 720degs to the turbo. The design of the head pipe can aid in stretching the duration of the pulse. Put twins on it and you lose that.
Compounds there are several designs and ways to do it. The same problem would affect the tuning and pressure ratios. Off just a little bit and it would be one big headache because one always affects the other.

Right now we can give anyone 140h/p and 90ft lbs. sb/ss for less then most 100hp big cc builds cost. That's 40hp more then beastie was making last year and what my son was making when he was making 85mph passes up sand mountain nv.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts