Modded Raptors Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi im new to the site, but glad to be here. Last month a received a huge fine for rideing on public roads. So now i want to make my bike legal to ride on the roads. Ive got a general idea on what i need like: blinkers, horn, insurance, registration,D.O.T approved tires (which i cant find), and i think thats it. Rocky mountain quit carrying the kits so im lost any help or advice would be excellent.

·
Kuwait All Stars
234 Posts
How did they catch you?
Over here we just run away from the pork at high speed.

·
Super Moderator
5,647 Posts
Welcome, not many states actually allow quads to be on the roads at all, you might want to check with your local DMV just to make sure. The mod here SSonnentag lives in Arizona and he is street legal. Send him a PM, he should be able to help you out.. :thumb:

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
i was riding wheelies on a little strait stretch by my house and the fuzz came up on my while i was on the rear wheels. i thought about stopping, then i was like well ill just hit fifth and see if i can get away. i got away from him in a trail that doubled back towards my house. but i live in town so i ditched it in the woods close by. he saw me walk out of the woods briefly and that was all it took. six cruisers,a tow truck, a trip to jail, and the impound yard... not fun. but on a lighter note he said he clocked me at 97 when i was on the road. and they were scared to drive it on the tow truck,so i had to lol

·
Registered
467 Posts
Hey captain, what part of Louisiana are you from?

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Toledo Bend Area Sabine Parish

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Way out in the sticks lol

·
Registered
24 Posts
I know in Texas there is no way to make a quad street legal without changing so much stuff that it is not a quad anymore. In Texas you have to display a flag on top of an 8' pole, wear a helmet and eye protection and hold a valid liscense and it be for farm use and then you can drive on public roads but not on major highways. Problem is they just don't accept a sport quad for a farm use vehicle. So ya might check your state laws.

·
Registered
467 Posts
Yea, I live way out in the woods to. I ride up in toledo bend on the weekends alot at my wifes grandmothers house.I heard you can't get them legal in our state, but I'mnot for sure.

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
yeah i went and talked to a lady at the DMV and she said there was no way. she was slightly rude about it too. if you ever around here on a sunday we drag out there by the lake.

·
Registered
467 Posts
Thats cool, I'll be out that way probably next weenkend.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts