Modded Raptors Forum banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
01 Raptor 660 So a while back I attempted to adjust my valves, I'm pretty sure I messed up and lined everything up with the |-| mark and not the | mark. After said valve adjustment I have noticed a ticking noise coming from my valve area (I'm assuming its from the valves being adjusted wrong). Fast forward a couple months and a few rides later I decide to try to adjust my valves again. This time I start turning the motor and can't find a | mark anywhere around the entire thing so i keep turning while watching the valves and after they complete there down and back up stroke I adjusted them here. Starts up still has a faint ticking sound. Fast forward again to today I attempt to adjust again still can't find a | mark anywhere I can only ever find |-| mark, needless to say same ticking still happening. So my question is where in the #$&#$(# is this dang | mark and why cant I find it? Is it possible for the | mark to be worn off? How do I make the infernal ticking stop? Any help is greatly appreciated!!

1 - 2 of 2 Posts