Modded Raptors Forum banner

Vs. Predator?

2K views 7 replies 4 participants last post by  Gunsmoke 
#1 ·
Hey guys, this is my first post, but been a member for a bit now. Mostly lurking. :blahblah: Here's my question, two of my bros have 2006 500cc predators and they place a pretty good ace whooping on my 2005 660r on the flats especially up top. I get them from a dig up to about mid-way then bam it's all over. i think i've been clocked at about 60something mph and them about 83ish up top. is my quad down on power? :wtf: Am I using the wrong oil? (clutch-wise, mobil 1 4T) how can i tell if my clutch is F'd? thanks for any insight. :thumb: the reason i ask is i always read about how close they usually are????

btw, all quads bone stock and kept up.

#6 ·
I've owned a well modded predator for years and they can be flat out nasty in drags when done right. If you are modded equally it really comes down to rider and proper jetting. The TLD predators have a closer ratio transmissions so those really are the ones to watch out for.

I'd say gear up a little, make damn sure your jetting is spot on, and practice. machine vs machine is a pretty close race.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.