·
Registered
2,486 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)

·
Registered
2,486 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Yeah, I was down there last weekend, it's less than 2 hours for me to the Dorr Run parking lots.

·
Registered
2,486 Posts
Discussion Starter #5

·
Registered
2,486 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
I might be headed to Wayne on Sun. or Mon. for a day ride.

·
Registered
840 Posts
what part is the best to go to at wayne that is the cheapest to camp free would be good.me and some friends will be plannin a trip down soon and cant figure out what one to ride. also do you have to be 18 to ride without a parent??

·
Registered
2,486 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
what part is the best to go to at wayne that is the cheapest to camp free would be good.me and some friends will be plannin a trip down soon and cant figure out what one to ride. also do you have to be 18 to ride without a parent??
The Dorr Run Trailheads are the best just outside of Nelsonville, and the camping is free but primitive. More info can be found here, http://www.fs.fed.us/r9/wayne/

·
Registered
2,486 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Gonna have to give it a rip this weekend I think. :beerchug:

·
Registered
2,486 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Woohoo !!! We will be there Sunday ! weather report is mid 50's and windy. It's always windy when your going fast anyway, lol.

·
Registered
941 Posts
ANywhere to ride in the sand there in Ohio? Ive heard there is but not sure. Im dying to hit the sand dunes of some sort. None here in East TN.

·
Registered
2,486 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
ANywhere to ride in the sand there in Ohio? Ive heard there is but not sure. Im dying to hit the sand dunes of some sort. None here in East TN.
No, the closest sand to us is Silver Lake, Michigan. :banghead:

·
Registered
941 Posts
Got sand here???

·
Registered
2,486 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
No sand here :banghead:

·
Registered
209 Posts
WNF is the best riding in ohio . Fast trails and lots of them. You can ride all day and not see the same trail twice if you plan it right. Dorr run is by far the best part. Plus if you get hungry theres a hot dog stand in the middle of forest to eat at. There is another section of wayne by Jackson Ohio and is really sweet too. Its louded with all kinds of elevation changes an unique scenery. VERY FAST TRAILS too !

·
Registered
2,486 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
Wayne National Forest is officially open for the 2009 season !!! I have my permit already and can't wait to go ! :hyper:

·
Registered
2,486 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
Hopefully hit the main corridor all the way to New Straightsville on friday.

1 - 20 of 55 Posts