Modded Raptors Forum banner

21 - 40 of 55 Posts

·
Registered
441 Posts
I'm planning on hitting it up the weekend of the 15th. Think I might take to dirtbike though, depending on the weather. Was down a few weekends ago and the ride was great!

·
Registered
2,486 Posts
Discussion Starter #22
The weekend of the 15th is out for me. I'm watching the weather now to see if we are gonna give it a go friday or not.

·
Registered
441 Posts
My aunt and uncle ride down there a lot. Plans are to leave friday evening and camp all weekend. Hope to have a blast. Might even do it again the weekend after the 15th whatever that maybe.

·
Registered
2,486 Posts
Discussion Starter #24
I rode and camped there all weekend the 24th - 26th and had a blast !!! I can't wait to do it again. I ride alot there too and know my around pretty good.

·
Registered
441 Posts
Got back this morning from staying down there all weekend. I thought it was going to be a wasted trip, but the weather held off until saturday evening. Made for some good riding. Was a big wet and sloppy in a few places. I took the dirtbike down there for the maiden voyage, and it was great! I might be going down next weekend for the day I'm not sure yet.

·
Registered
209 Posts
Wayne National Forest

We had another great weekend at wayne. Me and my girlfriend raptorgirl700 and a buddy on a crf 450. The trails were in great shape i think we starting to a return for some of our money ! We rode from new straitsville to dorr run then the paramount trail then back approx. 50 miles . I couldn't help but notice alot of raptors out and was wondring if anyone from here was at wayne on sunday? Attached is a pic of me blasting up a hill at another section of wayne national forest trails in southern ohio.

Attachments

·
Registered
209 Posts
Pine Creek at wayne national forest

:rockon:Heres a few pics of our ride a couple weeks ago at the pine creek area of wayne national forest ! We had a blast.

Attachments

·
Registered
2,486 Posts
Discussion Starter #28
I rode the Dorr Run on saturday and had a blast ! We rode 36 miles and the last 18 miles just 2 of us on Raptors gave it all we had. I hope to make it back the weekend of June 12th - 14th.

·
Registered
2,486 Posts
Discussion Starter #29

·
Registered
209 Posts
They better start using that money then! We were down there last weekend and trails were getting rutted up again and it was super busy! I could not even get a good pace going, because i kept getting stuck behind utiltys and side by sides! Wayne has enough land they could build twice as many trails as they already have, that would spread things out alittle.

·
Registered
2,486 Posts
Discussion Starter #31
Side by sides ??? the only one that is legal at WNF is a stock width Razr ... they wanna ticket the rest of us for farting on the trail but allow slow old farts on utilities and SxS's without helmets ! :wtf: I don't see that money being used responsibly, it will be used on more trail cops that don't have a clue and other useless expenses. :banghead:

·
Registered
209 Posts
Yeap side by sides i seen 3 razrs and 2 rhinos ! I however did not see a ranger on patrol. They should really think about making a trail that runs parallel to the main corridor too lessen the traffic on it! I just wish people riding slow without helmets would get the hell outta the way!:mad1:

·
Registered
2,486 Posts
Discussion Starter #33
That place is turning into a paradise for helmetless utility and SxS riders, I can't believe that helmets aren't required on federal land :wtf: It's no wonder riding areas get shut down if they are managed like that :banghead:

·
Registered
146 Posts
You guys need to try ironton....No one is there most of the time and its alot better than logan....Its a drive but worth it and you can run a great pace..ill be going back once my new ride is finished..

·
Registered
209 Posts
W.N.F Hanging Rock

Well i finally rode wnf Hanging Rock near ironton, and it did not dissapoint! Trails were in great shape much like the ones at the pine creek area fast, fast, and faster! Many elevation changes yet anybody could ride them safely. :thumb:

·
Registered
209 Posts
Rode at wayne earlier this week! Again no new improvments this year! It really makes me wonder where all of our season pass money is going? ($45 a year) not to mention money they received from the stimulous package. But wayne is still the best trails by far in ohio, i would just like to see alittle more bang for my buck!

·
Registered
2,486 Posts
Discussion Starter #37
Rode at wayne earlier this week! Again no new improvments this year! It really makes me wonder where all of our season pass money is going? ($45 a year) not to mention money they received from the stimulous package. But wayne is still the best trails by far in ohio, i would just like to see alittle more bang for my buck!
Yeah, I guess we will have to see what the Main Corridor is like next, I doubt it's any better. At least the Rangers have a nice new headquarters though !

·
Registered
209 Posts
We rode the main corridor last weekend the section between begleys camp gound and the loop trail was completly redone, you could drive a semi up it! There still was some nasty mud past the cematery. I ended crashing anyhow, miss timing some downhill jumps baddly. My raptor ended up smacking a tree, i ended up smacking the unforgiving trail. Destoryed my ironcross bumper and bumper mounts. I ended with some pulled muscles in my neck and a skinned up knee.

·
Registered
146 Posts
Was down in ironton over the weekend...Its a real mess the storms have really tore it up..I was surprised as that has been a awesome place.It was hard to get threw some areas and i even hit a tree trying to get threw,thank goodness it was little damage to the quad..Just want to give you guys a heads up.

·
Registered
209 Posts
Rode yeaterday from parking lot 3 on Dorr Run too New Straitsville and back 54 mile in all with ryan, it was an awesome ride even if it was 90 degrees! No wrecks or breakdowns always a plus too! Trails were in the best shape i've seen in years, nice to see some of our money being used !

21 - 40 of 55 Posts