Modded Raptors Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I am new to this forum. i have a simple question. what are good motor mods for the $$$$. here is what i have: 08 Raptor 700. Curtis Sparks full system, power commander & velosity air filter. would i benifit from a higher compression piston & cams. any help or input would be appreciated.

·
Super Moderator
5,647 Posts
You basically have done all the bolt-ons so it is not to go into the motor. It matters what your budget is but in your situation you could do a piston and cam but I would spend the extra cash and do a cnc port job also. Contact one of our sponsors but you could be at 70hp for another $1500 :thumb:

·
Registered
2,177 Posts
cam and piston will help out big time. when the fci comes out i think it will make a nice improvment over the velocity.

·
Registered
2,191 Posts
cam and piston will help out big time. when the fci comes out i think it will make a nice improvment over the velocity.
IDK how much money you are are looking to spend but I am going to do a cam and no piston for now. You can get a Hot Cam stage 3 for $140 from steve at Tech quad shop. He's a site sponsor and a cool guy. A piston, port/polish, Bored throttle body, dynatek ignition would wake your motor up further but it all takes money!

How do you like your sparks exhaust? Did you get the big core or standard? You MUST take some vids of it and post it here!!:rockon:

·
WILD ONES
887 Posts
Go with a high compression piston no more than 11:1 if you want to run pump gas or you can go higher if you want to run race gas.... I would forget about hotcam and go with a megacycle x-2 or x-4.. I would go with the Racers edge CNC port job (best bang for buck) and a dynatek ignition:thumb: That will give you a ripper fo sho:thumb:

·
Registered
1,145 Posts
where did you get the sparks i have not been able to find them
Here: http://www.worldwideperformance1.com/Merchant2/merchant.mvc?Screen=CTGY&Category_Code=CURTIS-SPARKS

Did you try sparks web site?

BTW- I had a big core, freeeakin LOUD!!!

AS for power, cam is relatively cheap and will give you nice gains. I have a HCII, sounds like HCIII is the way to go these days. You won't be disappointed.

I hear do the ignition last, least bang for the buck, again just reading that as I don't have one.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
You basically have done all the bolt-ons so it is not to go into the motor. It matters what your budget is but in your situation you could do a piston and cam but I would spend the extra cash and do a cnc port job also. Contact one of our sponsors but you could be at 70hp for another $1500 :thumb:
what would i get for my $1500. money is not realy a big deal if the bang for the buck is big enough.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
i don't want to sound dumb, but what are "X-4CAMS" are these a brand of cams? what is "+2 tb" ? and what is a "PCIII" ? J-Hilt i saw these items in you signature and am not sure what all of them are .. I know what cams are OBVIOUSLY but VERY new to the Raptor. if some one could explain these to me would be great. thanks.

·
Registered
70 Posts
i don't want to sound dumb, but what are "X-4CAMS" are these a brand of cams? what is "+2 tb" ? and what is a "PCIII" ? J-Hilt i saw these items in you signature and am not sure what all of them are .. I know what cams are OBVIOUSLY but VERY new to the Raptor. if some one could explain these to me would be great. thanks.

Megacycle X4 cam. They are a great mid to top performer and will sing with a good port job and piston.

+2 Throttle Body. Bore your stock TB 2 more mm and will help the bike carry more RPM in the upper range, and if done right, like the KDS throttle bodies, will make more power ALL the way through.

PC3. Power Commander, super adjustable for very fine AF adjustments and small RPM increments.

·
Registered
2,177 Posts
^^^^^^^this guy is the 1 to talk to if u want to make some good to great power on a stock bore. him or tim barker

·
WILD ONES
887 Posts
Megacycle X4 cam. They are a great mid to top performer and will sing with a good port job and piston.

+2 Throttle Body. Bore your stock TB 2 more mm and will help the bike carry more RPM in the upper range, and if done right, like the KDS throttle bodies, will make more power ALL the way through.

PC3. Power Commander, super adjustable for very fine AF adjustments and small RPM increments.
Kaylas..

Morgan is def right and he is the mastermind behind my build along with Kenny and Bo helping out with the great info:hail:. Just to give you an idea on how good these guys really are.... I was getting on a 797 with a 8 mill stroker last night... He would get me outta the hole cuz he had a +8 swinger but my bike was just as fast.. If you want to have a reliable engine and still keep up with the best of them...Go see Morgan at Racers Edge... I can't tell you how happy I am with my build and to see the look on peoples face after they get smoked by the sleeper:thumb:

1 - 12 of 12 Posts