Modded Raptors Forum banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
111 Posts
After (5 or 6 laps) on the flat track at Durhamtown in Ga, it made a noise and it just locked up. I checked the plug and it looked good, I tried to unlock it but no luck, any one think you know why it broke:uhoh2: I am going to start braking it down too see just how bad it is. Let's see PP Head, Cam, Ho and I can go on and on...

·
Registered
111 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Yes, and it turns about 320 and stops. I got the motor out now, now the work starts.. Head frist.

·
Registered
59 Posts
Sounds like on my old 660 when I had a valve break. :mad1: It wasn't good had to replace the head and my new piston, I had just had it built to 686 w/ stage 1 cam and had maybe an hour on it when the valve broke and busted a hole in my piston and got slammed into the head many times. Hopefully its not that bad but sounds similar.

·
Registered
111 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Well look in my album... I need a jug, piston, rod, valves and springs, cam.....
Can some help with a good combo?

·
Registered
111 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
How do I post my pic in this thread?

·
Registered
111 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Ok I need new valves and springs. The valves can be stock, What do you all thing of HotRods crank and rod for $350? I also need a good price on a Cam and Big Bore Kit....

·
Registered
180 Posts
Dales396lt4
Had you been inside your motor previously or this just happened?
Your making me nervous, it's like my high hour 06 is a timebomb

·
Registered
111 Posts
Discussion Starter #10 (Edited)
I do not think you shoud be nervous, the piston failed and that is all. It will be back as a 734cc or bigger with pp head and cam, this is not a bad thing... No, it was stock with big 3.... PS I would look it a 11/1 piston and cam if I had a high hr big 3 700, it's cheeper to do it now...

·
Registered
413 Posts
id go 727 this coming from a old 734 owner just gives you room to play with if you have do any work on cylinder in the future

·
Registered
111 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
I think your right after taking it all in I am going 105mm 11:1 CP piston, Stage 3 Hot Cam, a good spring kit and P&P head oh and a HOT RODs crank & rod kit.... I am looking to get around 60-65 rwhp...

·
Registered
106 Posts
Dales396lt4
Had you been inside your motor previously or this just happened?
Your making me nervous, it's like my high hour 06 is a timebomb
I wouldn't be too nervous either. I've got two high hour '06 700 Raptors that still run and look great. Other than protection (skids, bumper, etc.) they are both stock.

And I don't even baby mine like some do. My maintenance schedule consists of changing the oil, cleaning the air filters and lubing all the zerks each spring. After each ride I wash each the quads and before every ride - well, most every ride- I lube the chains with ChainWax.

And I ride the hell out of them on just about every terrain you can think of, excluding ice.

The Raptor 700 is a great quad.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts