Modded Raptors Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
263 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
so i finally met up with a guy from raptor forum that lives in the same town as i do... we decided to hit up some trails for some good iding time...so early in the ride were hauling a$$ and i tell myself that i dont think he's too familiar with these trails...as im thinking this i look up ahead where i know the trail T's off either left or right because theres a pond on the other side of the trail...well him going to fast he doesnt have the time or area to hit the brakes ...so all i see is him fly over the ridge and disapear..when i get over to where he is all I see is him about 30 feet from the top of the hill his rappy is in the pond with his mudlites floating his rear end of his quad up and hes swimming in the pond with a bummed wrist...lol after i asked him if he was ok ...i couldnt help myself but laugh.. after getting him out of the water i look around to see any bike tracks...well there werent any except at the top of the ridge...he flew in the air all the way down and landed in the pond! he was travelling about 60mph.. I had to go back to my truck and load my bike on the trailer and haul it all into the bush to go retrieve his bike out of this pond...luckily i have a winch on the front of my pathfinder so it went fairly well... so far it looks like he has a rad leak, some plastic damage ,broken front headlight and his throttle stays engaged when he's not pressing it... just thought id share this with you guys...hes fine btw...just a sore wrist...luckily he didnt get too hurt because that whole situation turned out to be fairly humourous...lol

nice ride Gianni_CRX!!!

·
Registered
2,191 Posts
Ohhh F^*K that sucks:thumbsdown:. When I ride trails I always insist that I ride in front so I don't have this problem till my friends know the trail like I do.

·
Registered
7 Posts
Hey 700Rappy.. Thanks for all the help today, I woulda' been screwed without ya... Although I might have taken it easier if i didnt have a partner to race with ... lol... I just got back from the ER & i broke my wrist $hit... i'm gonna be outta comish for 4-6 weeks. I'm hurt & so is my Rappy :-( The only piece of good that came from this is that i learned my bike is quicker than yours... lol Cant wait till im healed & my Rappy's fixed. happy trails everyone...

·
Registered
467 Posts
Well glad to hear your alright, raptor can be fixed. Now you just have to focus on healing that wrist good luck.:beerchug:

·
Registered
263 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Hey 700Rappy.. Thanks for all the help today, I woulda' been screwed without ya... Although I might have taken it easier if i didnt have a partner to race with ... lol... I just got back from the ER & i broke my wrist $hit... i'm gonna be outta comish for 4-6 weeks. I'm hurt & so is my Rappy :-( The only piece of good that came from this is that i learned my bike is quicker than yours... lol Cant wait till im healed & my Rappy's fixed. happy trails everyone...
i know thats shitty dude...hey and the only reason your faster is because your big a$$ hooks up better in the dirt lol..definately next time ill stay up front and show you those trails...lol some spots you cant be 5th tapped you know lol...a harsh but good time...like i told you b4 ...you win some you loose some...lol

·
Registered
840 Posts
DAMMMMM dude you musta been flyin that shit woulda been insane on film lol,luckily you and the rappy are ok,what exactly happens when you completely submerge a rappy like that and what do you gotta do to fix it??

·
Registered
263 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
DAMMMMM dude you musta been flyin that shit woulda been insane on film lol,luckily you and the rappy are ok,what exactly happens when you completely submerge a rappy like that and what do you gotta do to fix it??
haha it sparked right back up after we winched it out with my truck lol

·
Registered
263 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
no only half the bike was under the water his back tires kept the rear end floating lol

·
Registered
176 Posts
After your quad goes under water and isn't running. It is a good idea to pull the spark plug and kick it over just to make sure no water is in the cylinder. Just to be on the safe side of things.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts