Modded Raptors Forum banner

1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
Registered
305 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
ok what all needs to be done to complete your first maintenance in list form please and is the valve tighten the hardest part? i'm buying gaskets and oil and engine ice today i have chain wax and a bristol brush

·
Registered
305 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
ok

·
Registered
305 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
ok i have the oil i can do bolts and the air filter and give a good bath i will have someone else do just the valves my local shop 10 mins away said 148 to do the valves they said i will notice and up in performance?

·
Registered
2,853 Posts
ok i have the oil i can do bolts and the air filter and give a good bath i will have someone else do just the valves my local shop 10 mins away said 148 to do the valves they said i will notice and up in performance?
if they are out of spec you should.. don't forget to grease up the chassis too..

150 for the valves isn't too bad either. but you can do it yourself..

·
Registered
413 Posts
if only you were closer id doit free take 15 min after plastics are off longest part is taking plastics off

·
Registered
85 Posts
Adjusting the valves is super easy and fast as long as you have the right size gauge. The rappy's are pretty easy to work on.

·
Registered
413 Posts
how bout come ride over here and ill do it and show you how easy it is

·
Registered
305 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
ok gang i just did my 1st oil change on anything with a motor i bought new crush washers for the case bolt so all went on smooth. I had busted the small radiator hose last weekend so i fixed it and filled the radiator with water just to make sure the hose was on right. So i drained the water from the radiator and added 50/50 mix. i changed the oil filter as well as gave it a good detailing. I have a k&N air filter do i just take it off and run water on it?

·
Registered
305 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
ok but what if i don't have one???

·
Registered
305 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
good to go

·
Registered
812 Posts
the k&n kits are $10 at autozone.... if you decide to skip on ANY maintanence issues.. NEVERRRRRRRRRRRR skip on the air intake... sucking dirt in will big a big problem.. happens fast.. take it from me... $1400 later lol

·
Registered
305 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
the k&n kits are $10 at autozone.... if you decide to skip on ANY maintanence issues.. NEVERRRRRRRRRRRR skip on the air intake... sucking dirt in will big a big problem.. happens fast.. take it from me... $1400 later lol
yeah i've heard the horror stories i run the k&n filter with the outerwears bag on it.It shouldn't suck in too much dirt:coolshades:

·
Registered
812 Posts
yeah that's what i said with a foam filter, 2nd filter over that and the lid on =)

now i have two sets of foam filters so i can have one brand new condition before each ride AND i have a ehs lid to keep dirt out.

i won't ever ride without putting a "like new" foam filter on there.... a k&n would be out of the question where we ride

1 - 20 of 23 Posts