Modded Raptors Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
92 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey guys, I'm selling my 05' 660 to buy an 09' 700R. Besides the new mods on the 09' what can i expect when i jump on the 700?

·
Registered
106 Posts
I don't think any of us can speak for the '09 yet but all the 700s so far are great. In addition to what 700YellowRaptor said I'd add some good words about the fuel injection: No turning fuel on/off or having to f- around with jetting and gas smells in the toy hauler pretty much go away.

Turn on the key, push the start button and you're off regardless of altitude or weather. That alone is worth the price of admission.

·
Registered
694 Posts
Like both replies said it handles better and the FI is awesome no Carb headaches. A bolt on Big 3 700 has way more power than a bolt on 660.

·
KUNG FU SAND PANDA
2,060 Posts
You can expect to have alot more fun riding your Raptor. The 700 out performs any 660 in all areas. You should consider one thing before buying a '09 Raptor.

You can get alot more bang for your buck if you buy used and usually buy one that has low hours, somebody has already done the "big three" to and save your money for other mods that you want to do. Check your local Craigslist and surrounding cities. I know here in Phoenix there were many great deals on 700's when I bought mine.
There is really nothing that the '09 has that makes it "WAY" better then the '07 - '08 models. Just a thought.

-Johnny

·
Registered
1,145 Posts
You can expect to have alot more fun riding your Raptor. The 700 out performs any 660 in all areas. You should consider one thing before buying a '09 Raptor.

You can get alot more bang for your buck if you buy used and usually buy one that has low hours, somebody has already done the "big three" to and save your money for other mods that you want to do. Check your local Craigslist and surrounding cities. I know here in Phoenix there were many great deals on 700's when I bought mine.
There is really nothing that the '09 has that makes it "WAY" better then the '07 - '08 models. Just a thought.

-Johnny
The new dashboard display is worth it for the 09 :lol:

Never rode a 660, but it blows the doors off my old 400ex and beats my buddies predators! And then you do the big 3 with a cam and watch out! :hail:

·
Registered
106 Posts

-Johnny
... or if you want to buy new, look for an '07 or '08 that is still sitting on a showroom floor. My first '06SE cost almost $8000. The second one cost $2000 less a year later because the dealership was clearing out the "old" models to make room for the new.

·
Registered
92 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
no i want the 09' SE, i like the plastics and the look of the bike better.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts