Modded Raptors Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
1,284 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Need some ideas guys. I bought the quad with most of the mods already done.Except a few here and there. The head was ported and polished but im not sure by who? I don't think i have access to a dyno if a added more internal stuff. But it was dynoed when i got it with the mods in my sig. Im not quite sure what i should do next? I was thinking going +2 but some of the trails are really tight. Maybe a +2 or +3 swinger? And if so who makes one that is extremely strong? The riding i do is from smooth dirt roads,steep coal hill climbs to some extremely rocky narrow trails. Just looking for what else to do? You know your never really done modding.:lol:

·
Registered
936 Posts
Id Say +.5 or +1 A arms and GT Thunder Shock Revales

·
Registered
936 Posts
Yes easely.....its all in the valving.....aftermarket shocks just have different bodies than the stockers, inside there all the same

·
Registered
178 Posts
Id say susspension:banana: houser +2 ST A-Arms With Elka Shocks and A +3 Axle Lonestar or Durablue. Than Steering Steem and bars or ASV Levers!!!

Alot of the trials around here are tight and I get through them fine.

·
Registered
562 Posts
How fast do you want to make it and how much money do you want to $pend :thumb:

·
Registered
2,177 Posts
i would look at the rpm axle! i think they are better than lonestar or durablue

·
Registered
1,284 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Id say susspension:banana: houser +2 ST A-Arms With Elka Shocks and A +3 Axle Lonestar or Durablue. Than Steering Steem and bars or ASV Levers!!!

Alot of the trials around here are tight and I get through them fine.
I already have a +1 tag stem Pro taper bars and ASV levers. I still don't think id be able to get thru the trails if i widened it. It scrapes the hub nuts between trees on some trails now. I really would love to widen it. But i don't want to limit what trails i can take.:banghead:

How fast do you want to make it and how much money do you want to $pend :thumb:
Id like to stick with pump gas. For the engine im thinking maybe adding a dynatec ignition and a +2 TB? And then find a place to dyno it. I don't think i have anywhere local to me.
What are your guys take on swingarms? Who makes an unbreakable one?

·
Registered
263 Posts
irun with and extra width of 5" and the trails i ride in are tight...i do just fine where i am...id say you'll be fine and you'll love the extra stability in the technical stuff...go wider...!!

·
Registered
178 Posts
Thats what I thought too when I was in the process of wide'in mine cause @ stock I was bumping trees, but after I wide'in it you you wont have to really worry about it. and plus you will be able to conner and handle the thing likes its on a rail dude trust you wont be disapointed if you go wider.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts