Modded Raptors Forum banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
45 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
okay, im getting

-pro circuit t-4 exhaust and the pro circuit header.
- K&N filter
- rev box
- dyno jet kit

after this shit- i think im getting the 430cc big bore from POWROLL and the race cam. now i need some help on what to do because i kno i can make this quad fast as balls but theres so much complicated shit. Is there any other suggestion on what i should do. i mean dont give me a list of parts that come to over a couple grand. and if i get all this shit, im going to have to send it all in to yamaha and let them install all the shit, besides the pipe-filter-and rev box. but if yu can help me out if im doing anything wrong or anything please point me out. thanks

and also- is it a hassle to send in my new cam for the machine work? and how do i take it out in the first place! god dam bro i need help haha

·
Registered
413 Posts
if you do the 430 kit keep me posted i may do it.
thanks

·
Registered
263 Posts
after getting the 430 kit a oil cooler system is a must for your air cooled engine....

·
Registered
45 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
how much yu think thats gunna cost? and do you put your parts on by yourself or do yu let professionals do it?

·
Registered
136 Posts
I agree with 700Rappy on this. A oil cooler is a must on this or you will be over heating alot. I talked to my local guy about doing this and told me not to do it especially if I am even thinking about riding trails with it. That is why I have put that idea out of my head. Thats all I need to do is take a bullet proof engine and have it flawed like that.
after getting the 430 kit a oil cooler system is a must for your air cooled engine....

·
Registered
413 Posts
yea im prolly gonna just bump the comp up maybe port the head and big three and be done with it

·
Registered
305 Posts
yeah i probably will do the big 3 and some tires for her she doesn't really have the itch for more speed but i sometimes ride her bike so you know how that goes so i will just open up what she has. maybe a sproket

·
Registered
45 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
yeah true but I mean id love having a fast raptor, and doing all that engine work is alot of time and money so thats why I'm not quite sure if I'm doing it yet. But yeah, new tires, wheel spacers and all the parts i listed above are definite. Im still questioning about the engine work.

And what exactly is the big three? the exhaust, intake, and sprocket or tires?

·
Registered
305 Posts
exhaust intake and jet kit for the 350's or exhaust intake and PCIII for 700's

·
Registered
45 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
nah man i just want my raptor . if i had a 450 i would never stop throwin money towards it. i want my 350 to be quick, even if it cant beat a 450, ill be happy because i know that i put alot into it.

·
Registered
305 Posts
can a 3 mod 350 raptor somewhat keep up with a 400ex maybe with a CAM?

·
Registered
7 Posts
man i love lookin at all these forums... i have a 2007 raptor 350 and im doin the big 3. LRD full exhaust, K&N Air Filter, Dynojet Kit, then gettin a EHS or Moflow Air box lid, and ITP HD tires and wheels... time vs. money is my only problem now =D

·
Registered
353 Posts
can a 3 mod 350 raptor somewhat keep up with a 400ex maybe with a CAM?
in a drag with the same rider weight and skill, NO. but raptors are 20yr old engines and 400ex are 4 valve newer design engines. on trails and if your a better rider you can smoke one easily. i embarrased quite a few 400ex's on my warrior and it just had the sparky pulled, jetted, and a uni filter. just do exhaust and intake, add a piston and cam THEN jet it right, and you'll be happy for awhile. if not, buy a bigger bike.

1 - 17 of 17 Posts