Modded Raptors Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
275 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I am trying to work the bugs out of my rappy one thing at a time. I didnt like how tippy it was so I am in the process of some +2 LT with motowoz.

The more seat time I get on it, the more I realize the cornering is HUGE on this thing! Especially after riding my buddies LTR's I notice how wide the turning circle is. Even compared to my Old 50 inch wide DS730 its larger.

I am now worried with the total +4 inches on the front it will get even larger.

What setting would lessen the turning radius? caster? I dont want to mess up how it handles at speed though.

What are good overall settings (caster, camber , toe) for the front end with +2??? I would like it to handle everything well, not just slow speed or high speed. I will sacrifice something like turning radius to make sure its not twitchy at high speed. Any hep is appreciated!

I ride woods trails, fast open fields and occasional MX. The slower paced trails is when I really notice the what seems to be loose front end (pre +2).

Thanks!

·
Registered
613 Posts
A steering stabilizer will help the steering a lot at higher speeds. Toe should be set at 1/8" to 1/4". I don't know what caster and camber should be set at.

·
Registered
5,414 Posts
caster is something u need to play with...i would start with it installed straight up....
moving the top of the spindle baack toward the rear of the bike will increase stability but also increase your turning radius....
moving the top toward the front of the bike will cause a loose feeling but also decrease the turning radius......
hope that helps.............i forget which the call positive and which they call negative caster..............also some aftermarket steering stems have adjustable steering stops

·
Super Moderator
5,647 Posts
What kind of arms are they? The builder will probably have a pretty good "How To" on their site. They all adjust a little different..

·
Registered
275 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
They will be SMC or JD arms :)

The JD's will be about 120 more than the SMC's. SMC offers high ground clearance in theirs which is what I am currently leaning toward, although the JD's look amazing.

·
Super Moderator
5,647 Posts
The setup of the JD arms was easy, I did it last weekend. Caster has 3 settings on the JD arms, just pick one.. The camber I set to 5/8" in on the top from the bottom and the towin I set to about .25" on the front. Dont bother with the towin until you have the caster and camber set..

1 - 7 of 7 Posts