Modded Raptors Forum banner

1 - 20 of 36 Posts

·
Registered
135 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Im kinda looking for a bike for the wife. She is about 5'2 and 135. She is not a speed freak or anything and mostly scared of these machines. But she has become more interested in going out riding with my sons and I. So what are the major diffs between the 2 besides 100cc? Or are there not many?

·
Super Moderator
5,647 Posts
From what I read, the 350 is a re-badged Warrior with an old technology motor and the 250 is a revamped high tech product of today. If it was between the two I would go 250 because I would guess the aftermarket is going to jump all over it and the 350 is going to fad away in the next few years.:beerchug:

·
Registered
32 Posts
think of it like this
raptor 250- 4 stroke, new blaster
raptor 350- warrior 350 in some new clothes

also tho the size difference. the raptor 250 is crazy small, definatly smaller then the blaster. but since she is 5'2, you should be all over the 250

·
Registered
66 Posts
I believe the 250 does not have reverse either. And it is lighter than the 350. For speed I beleive they are pretty close.

·
Registered
108 Posts
There are duals available for the 250. Get the 250 :)

·
Registered
135 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
THe 250 is starting to sound good, but reverse is nice also. Damn isnt it always like that. You can always get ALMOST what you want.:banghead:

·
Registered
108 Posts
:eek:
THe 250 is starting to sound good, but reverse is nice also. Damn isnt it always like that. You can always get ALMOST what you want.:banghead:
Have you tried the reverse on a 350. lol

·
Registered
135 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
No! But I think my wife would want reverse, maybe but if the 250 is the better bike that is probably the way I will go.

·
Registered
66 Posts
:eek:

Have you tried the reverse on a 350. lol
:gr_grin: very true. .The reverse is odd on the 350. But the 350 needs it because it is so damn heavy, where the 250 is lighter so she can just pick the ass end up and spin it around if she needs to.. The 250 takes after the blaster which is a great bike. Light, manuverable, and has potential. My buddies modded blaster would beat the wifes modded 350. I would say go for the 250. Its too bad you cant test drive both of them

·
Registered
135 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
:gr_grin: very true. .The reverse is odd on the 350. But the 350 needs it because it is so damn heavy, where the 250 is lighter so she can just pick the ass end up and spin it around if she needs to.. The 250 takes after the blaster which is a great bike. Light, manuverable, and has potential. My buddies modded blaster would beat the wifes modded 350. I would say go for the 250. Its too bad you cant test drive both of them

Test drive? Hell im just gonna drag something home and tell her to get her ass on it. She cant even shift or anything right now. She got froggy one nite and said I bet I can drive that thing of yours and I just about let her untill I saw all the visions of the carnage, wrecked wife and a wrecked bike.

Im not sure which was worse but neither was good so I just said no way.

·
Registered
66 Posts
Test drive? Hell im just gonna drag something home and tell her to get her ass on it. She cant even shift or anything right now. She got froggy one nite and said I bet I can drive that thing of yours and I just about let her untill I saw all the visions of the carnage, wrecked wife and a wrecked bike.

Im not sure which was worse but neither was good so I just said no way.
well health insurance will cover the wrecked wife, but here in mass, we dont have insurance for the bikes...yet.

·
Registered
135 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
Yeah but somehow it would all be my fault. Nothing good could come of it.

·
Registered
66 Posts
Yeah but somehow it would all be my fault. Nothing good could come of it.
Its always the mans fault. Doesnt matter what it is.

·
Registered
176 Posts
What kind of riding yo going to do?? The 250 is a nice bike. It is more racey then the 350. Both are quick for what they are. But if you are going to be duning I would rec the 350 for the extra toque. It can pull the hills better then the 250. We had one of each last dune trip and I thought I 350 was better overall in the dunes. Reverse is a pain , but you figure out it quirks. Good luck on your choice. Go to the stealership and see what one fits her better. My wife is 5'2" and 140 . she loves the 350.

·
Registered
135 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
Mainly just pasture riding and stuff. No dunes or anything. Im acctually thinking about putting in a track out back for us to ride on. But it wont be anything great.

·
Registered
176 Posts
See what quad she fits better on and get her that one. good luck.

·
Registered
1,788 Posts

LOL....I'm actually listening to "You can't always get what you want" on the radio ......too funny.:D

1 - 20 of 36 Posts