Modded Raptors Forum banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
177 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I hear the EHS air box cover is pretty good but it does not completely sealed because it has the stock breather hole. The pro-tec is sealed off but does not fit as well as the EHS, though I think some foam tape will seal it. How does it hold up to continuous use and cleaning. I ride the woods a lot and it is pretty sloppy at times so I have to have an airbox cover. Thanks for the help.

·
Registered
169 Posts
I have been using one for over 2 years. No problems with repeated cleanings. I added the foam tape for sealing, too.

I don't do the submarine bit, but for the woods riding I do, it seems to keep the slop out of the airbox pretty well.

·
Registered
2,853 Posts
I have been using one for over 2 years. No problems with repeated cleanings. I added the foam tape for sealing, too.

I don't do the submarine bit, but for the woods riding I do, it seems to keep the slop out of the airbox pretty well.

same here. i have had mine on for a while now and love it..

·
Registered
812 Posts
i've got an ehs or pro-tec lid hell dont know off hand lol. i'll have to double check... i've rode once with it on there.. actually only had 3 clips holding it on at the time... did awesome... a little dust got in because of the 4th clip missing... but now i have all the clips on there and going to put some weather stripping to make double sure next time i go ride.

it does fit awesome though as far as covering the box

·
Registered
305 Posts
i'm picking one up soon

·
Registered
177 Posts
Discussion Starter #7

I do not intend to run it under water either but I do find myself in some sloppy conditions, glad to here it does well. What does everyone clean it with ?

·
Registered
49 Posts
Ok i have been running for awhile now and im not really impressed with the protec lid. It really doesnt block anything. I ran a outerwear on my gytr set up and it did the same thing. the protec lid allows dust and water to run through so whats the point. I did a test with my portec lid consisting of running tap water on it. It blocks the running water but i once you install it on the air box and hit the gas it sucks it right in. I have a texas quad intake and son of a bitch sucks some air. you can hear it when you hit the gas. With water sitting on the protec lid it sucked it in when i hit the gas. I would run both outerwear and protec lid but whats the point. I should just put the damn lid back on. So what i do is clean the filter after other ride unless its really dusty outside. WOODY

·
Registered
127 Posts
Mine should be here tomorrow. Going on a really dusty ride this weekend. We'll see how she does!

·
Registered
390 Posts
I always clean the outerwear, but I noticed with the K&N that it filters better when a little dirty. When it was brand new I had dust packed on the intake tube, but now I never see any signs of dirt. I clean it after about 4 rides or so.

·
Registered
177 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Anyone tried spraying silicone waterproof spray on the pro-tec cover? The kind used for clothing and tents to repel water.

·
Registered
812 Posts
i got mine used so no complaints here. =) i like it and i dont have to worry about sucking dust in now so it's a nice relief

·
Registered
2,853 Posts
i got mine used so no complaints here. =) i like it and i dont have to worry about sucking dust in now so it's a nice relief
do you have yours on evl.. did you happen to put some weather stripping on it or anything.. i had some from when i did mine but i forgot to put it in the box...

·
Registered
812 Posts
i got it on but no weather stripping yet. didn't have any dirt in the box or filter though last we rode so that's good. i'll get some stripping before i ride next

·
Registered
2,853 Posts
i got it on but no weather stripping yet. didn't have any dirt in the box or filter though last we rode so that's good. i'll get some stripping before i ride next
thats sounds good.. they work pretty good if you ask me.. they clean up easy also.. :thumb:

1 - 16 of 16 Posts