Modded Raptors Forum banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
263 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
hey guys...has anyone ever wheelies with their six pack rack on?....i have the DG rack and im always scared im gonna wreck it by going to far over...anyone experienced this?

·
Registered
840 Posts
dought it cuz the rack is alot longer than the normal grab bar i think the worst thing is going sideways or bending it

·
Registered
2,486 Posts
I've come close to draggin' mine a few times. My biggest fear is damaging the subframe.

·
Registered
781 Posts
Ive dragged mine more than once and havent had a problem (yet) but I only ride my raptor in the sand. I forget what brand mine is..

·
Registered
1,145 Posts
Ima pussy, my rack hasn't hit the ground once on my little baby wheelies :pimp:

·
Registered
256 Posts
I've got that DG rack on my quad and it scares me. I still wheelie and so far it hasn't got me, but it could be painful. This is the rack that came on my quad, but I am thinking about buying a different kind without sharp corners. (also please forgive the pictures of my 660 in the 700 section, just wanted to show DG's product)

·
Registered
263 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
thats the exact rack i run...i like it...its the best looking rack by far out there..

·
Registered
3,016 Posts
Just be careful not to scrape. I had a six pack rack on my 660, and I went through 3 subframes because of it. The nutserts in the subframe liked to break off the weld and spin. It was mostly from doing wheelies and dragging, or having a cooler strapped down on it while I'm riding, with all the bumps and jumps I did it just couldn't hang. I'm not sure about the 700's subframes and how strong they are though.... but I'm not taking a chance after all the frames I went through on my 660

·
R.I.P. Coop
2,192 Posts
I removed mine due to one fact alone... I did not like the fact that I bought it from PRM and their site said that it was designed as a high profile rack and it did not hide the tail light... WRONG it did!

Many of my riding peeps ride close and if they can not see my brake light, well you know... bang!

·
Registered
133 Posts
Many of my riding peeps ride close and if they can not see my brake light, well you know... bang!

Try going faster, people won't get jammed up behind you then

·
Registered
263 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
i would imagine that the subframe could handle the extra weight...i dont really get too much air on my bike so i dont think I would break the sub frame from that...maybe if i would wheelie and scrape it might damage the sub frame...i know some of the 700s had problems with weak subframes...mine had a new one installed from a rollover ...its good now... ive been wheeling with it but im making sure i dont go over to far back...keeping my foot on the rear brake just to make sure...i ride rocky knarly trails so one slip and bye bye six pack rack...lol.. but the rappy sure does like to keep its toes out of the water...:):thumb::banana:

1 - 15 of 15 Posts