Modded Raptors Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
81 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So the time has come to upgrade my stock tires on my 660. I have not made up my mind on what to get or were to start. I was thinking the Maxxis or the ITP's. Any suggestions? I mostly do desert riding and trail riding. Any info would be greatly appreciated. Thank you in advanced.

·
Registered
613 Posts
Holeshots and Razor 2's both seem to work well for desert riding. I am running the 4 ply holeshots, forget the number for a season now and have had no problems with them. The 6 ply Holeshots are very heavy thats the reason I went with the 4 ply.

·
Registered
256 Posts
Six ply holeshots here GNCC design (i don't remember the exact model) I have also had the maxxis razr 2's both excellent tires, In my experience the holeshot grips a little harder.

What I have found;
ITP holeshots - have a better holeshot (and more wheelie prone)

Maxxis Razr2 - more likely to spin (good for donuts)

Both excellent tires, I have been told that the maxxis are softer and wear down faster but I have never noticed a difference one way or the other.

·
Registered
49 Posts
Go with the ITP HD tires they are a six ply and they hook up better then the Maxxis.

-Anthony

·
Registered
49 Posts
i like my kenda knarlys, but im thinking about trying to get something a little more grippy
Go with the ITP HD's if your looking for more grip.

-Anthony

·
Registered
70 Posts
just put razors on mine. just a warning, they are big compared to the stock tires.

i had the stock 20 10 9's and put on 20 11 9 razors and they are about 2" taller.
kind of wish i'd got 18's now.

·
Registered
256 Posts
just put razors on mine. just a warning, they are big compared to the stock tires.

i had the stock 20 10 9's and put on 20 11 9 razors and they are about 2" taller.
kind of wish i'd got 18's now.
Were you comparing worn out 10's to new 11's? That would make up some of the size difference, although I do know between different models of itp's I have bought I have noticed a size difference too.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts