Modded Raptors Forum banner
1 - 1 of 1 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello anyone, everyone. I have a pretty heavily modded 660 - 720 freshly built. Started right up, idled fine and ran superbly during half hour rides here and there during break in period. Finally grew balls enough to take it a few miles away to go riding trails for about 2 hours. Again, ran perfect the entire time. Upon my way home, (roughly a five mile stretch in 5th gear at a steady rpm range,) I noticed as soon as I slowed to a stop and returned to idle, it started smoking from the exhaust, then wouldn’t idle and died. It fired back up, however, I had to throttle it some and white/light gray smoke was puffing out. I cursed a little, pushed it into the garage and let it sit overnight. The following day I fired it back up. Started right up and absolutely no smoke present and idled perfectly. Upon letting sit and warm up, it started to smoke again. Gave it a few revs and still more smoke. Eventually it died and was kinda hard to start again. Any suggestions from experience on what this could mean? The smoke did not smell sweet of coolant, but like a stronger exhaust odor. Any help for what direction to go next is highly appreciated.

1 - 1 of 1 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.