Modded Raptors Forum banner

1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Registered
219 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So I just finished the install of my 2500 arms and my 2+2 Axle.... Wider issss better, just a quick rip up and down the street says she's a different machine. Can't wait to hit the dunes :rockon:

Mr.Pitts

·
Super Moderator
5,647 Posts
In the dunes it will feel like a different machine. Congrats on the new mods. :thumb:

·
Registered
73 Posts
my rappy is 1310mm wide and i have the yfz450 shocks so it sits low too.it looks mad but you seam to hit things a bit easyier but you dont get that feeling of it going to roll over now so enjoy :thumb:

·
Registered
2,177 Posts
nice. my rpm 2+2 made a world of difference. cant wait to get my long travel front end.

·
Super Moderator
548 Posts
I am 2" wider in the front and 2" in the rear. Its a night and day difference. I love the wider stance. I can push it into the corners so much faster and she sticks. I am also running a +4 swinger... ... The CCP stabilizer and the Elks dont hurt either... :banana:

Here is a pic:

another:

Sweet paint job too ehh.... ;')

·
Registered
2,191 Posts
WOW that quad is SICK!!! I want to go wide but I don;t have the $$$ yet. I want to make it scary fast first then I'll have no choice but to make it handle better!

·
Super Moderator
548 Posts
No man I live in Sacramento. But I do ride Oregon once or twice a year. Coos Bay or Winchester usually. We ride all over the west coast from Glamis to Pismo, Dumont, Sand Mt NV to Oregon. Heading to Pismo in 8 days for a week.... :banana: Thanks for the kind words on the bike. Its a Rocket Factory built stock bore with a +2 Kenny TB, dynatek, etc. She goes... B&N did the paint. (My 2nd set with them.) I am shooting to make sandfest but its right after Pismo so its gonna be tough...

·
Registered
127 Posts
This might be a dumb question, but will the stock shocks work with wider a-arms? I assume that widening the front end also lowers it, if you keep the same shocks. Does this reduce ground clearance?

·
Registered
2,177 Posts
u can use stock shock on std travel a-arms. most of the time u will want to get the revalved because the wider stance will make the shock softer. and it should not be lower if they are the right a-arms

·
Registered
127 Posts
So how do you lower the front end? I thought about getting the GT Thunder linkage for the rear, but I don't want the nose aimed at the stars. I have enough trouble keeping the front end down.

·
Registered
127 Posts
Just realized I kind of hijacked this thread. Sorry about that.

·
Registered
2,177 Posts
you can lower the front end by getting what they call zps (zero preload shocks) mx ppl love these. or i have seen ppl get long travel a-arms and hook std travel shocks to them (this is for street mostly). and the the lowering kits out there.

·
Registered
49 Posts
WOW that quad is SICK!!! I want to go wide but I don;t have the $$$ yet. I want to make it scary fast first then I'll have no choice but to make it handle better!
Do the +2 a-arms first then add the power. I have a 04' raptor 660 that I did the +2 a-arms and I can go a gear highier through the whoops.

-Anthony

·
Registered
219 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
:rockon: sorry for the delay in getting the pics up,. Here's two showin off the new attitude....Is it October yet. I'll be in Glanis for Halloween!!!!!! see you there!!!

Mr.Pitts :thumb:

·
Registered
2,177 Posts
mr pitts u coming to the glamis raptor rally? its oct 10-12.

·
Registered
219 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
mr pitts u coming to the glamis raptor rally? its oct 10-12.

Well, I don't know. I didn't know about it. Where does everyone meet? I usually stay at Road runner.

Mr.Pitts

1 - 20 of 21 Posts