Modded Raptors Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
103 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I am wondering if getting plus 2 a arms or plus any length arms makes the quad lower or what because when i see pick some peoples quads sit lower with the +2 and others dont seem as low!! Why is this i would like to get wider but it seems like you get quit a bit less ground clearance in the front!?

·
Registered
2,177 Posts
i think the ones that you see that are lower are becuase the has shock with what they call zps. which means they have zero preload.

·
Registered
103 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
So if i just use my regular shocks would i be able to tighten the preload so that it would lift it up a little bit or what i have an 08 so it comes with the adjustable shocks!?

·
Registered
924 Posts
yes to a certian extent... warning: if you crank up the preload it will make the ride alot stiffer and bouncy..

·
Registered
103 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I know that it will make the ride stiffer but dont the plus 2 ad leverage so you would need to make the pre load tighter so that it would make it the stiffness of a normal length arm??

·
Registered
263 Posts
it shouldnt lower your stance that much ...i think the guys youve seen with lower ride height must have had YFZ front shocks which lower the front end 1.5 inches roughly

1 - 6 of 6 Posts