Modded Raptors Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Whatsup fellas. I have a 2006 Raptor 700 and It want start turn over or anything. i was riding it and all of a sudden i shut off. went to go crank back and the starter siloniod is just making a buzzing noise. i bought a new battery and a new starter relay yesterday. installed it today and it still isnt working. the only think i have done to this raptor is installed a new ignition because i lost the old keys. you have to turn the ignition on a couple of times for the dash light to come on and the fuel pump to start. idk what ive done but its not even tryin to turn over. its getting 12v to the relay so i know the battery is good. could anyone please help me. thanks so much in advance! :rockon:

·
Registered
1,412 Posts
try jumping across the solenoid at the battery, if it doesnt work that way then i would check the wires going into the cdi box. ive seen a few of them have the insulation gone on the wires at the cdi and wnt let it work

·
Registered
92 Posts
check that ground wire that mounts to motor right below the stater

·
Registered
5,414 Posts
sounds like it needs a new crank, try putting it in 4 th or 5th grear and turning over the motor by pushing the bike

·
Registered
1,147 Posts
sounds like it needs a new crank, try putting it in 4 th or 5th grear and turning over the motor by pushing the bike
I didn't want to say that but that's exactly what mine did when my crank bearing ceased. Riding along, stuttered a couple times and died.

Hope it ends up being something else, but if it's the crank then stroke it!

·
Registered
179 Posts
check your elec connections for mud. i had the same issue as you and found quite a bit of mud in some of them. cleaned em up and she was good as new

·
Registered
2,853 Posts
I didn't want to say that but that's exactly what mine did when my crank bearing ceased. Riding along, stuttered a couple times and died.

Hope it ends up being something else, but if it's the crank then stroke it!

when mine crank bearing went it did the same! but then it started again after it cooled down but only for about a minute! :lol: and yes now its stroked! :lol:

·
Registered
1 Posts
Whatsup fellas. I have a 2006 Raptor 700 and It want start turn over or anything. i was riding it and all of a sudden i shut off. went to go crank back and the starter siloniod is just making a buzzing noise. i bought a new battery and a new starter relay yesterday. installed it today and it still isnt working. the only think i have done to this raptor is installed a new ignition because i lost the old keys. you have to turn the ignition on a couple of times for the dash light to come on and the fuel pump to start. idk what ive done but its not even tryin to turn over. its getting 12v to the relay so i know the battery is good. could anyone please help me. thanks so much in advance! :rockon:
Did you find the problem m

1 - 8 of 8 Posts