Modded Raptors Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
177 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have an 08 700 and it is a month and a half old. I am looking into getting the yamaha extended service warranty. Does anyone have any experience with this and where is the best place to get it? I have already started modding my machine and will end up with at least the big three and a cam. Thanks

·
Registered
486 Posts
dont do it. They will void your warranty if any mods are done. Some ppl say they wont but its their word against yours that your air filter COULD have let some dirt in. VOIDED BAM. IF tranny goes out.. they can say that the mods that you put on there put the tranny in a strain. Dont do it. They got evlls1 for 1500 bucks for having a different air filter. We both cancelled our ext warranties the same day

·
Registered
263 Posts
when i got my extended warranty it wasnt until after that they told me that they only cover the motor for warranty....not the clutch or anything else....what do you think the odds of blowing your brand new stock quad..?

like it was pointed out above ...any modding will void a warranty unless its gytr stuff...

DONT DO IT save your 1000.....

·
Registered
263 Posts
exactly...but even if something did happen to his bike with his warranty...if it wasnt motor related hed ahve to pay for it anyways...so its really not worth it...at all....

·
Registered
2,177 Posts
imo they are a rip off and i have 1. they did fix my clutch but it was 100% stock. there is no way they would fix my bike now.

btw what r they trying to charge u?

·
Registered
263 Posts
when i asked about the clutch the stealership told me clutch failure isnt covered because its operator error.../?

·
Registered
2,177 Posts
they fixed mine. well maybe they just adjusted it and told me they gave me a whole new 1?????

it was also at the stealership i had bought 2 quads myself and co-signed for 2 other within the last year. maybe they just said fuck it.

·
Registered
263 Posts
maybe...they do that sometime when they know they've made enough lol

·
Registered
177 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Well unfortunately this all makes sense. honestly I was thinking it anyway and thats why I threw the question out there. I appreciate the replies, there is a pile of experience on this site. Thanks

1 - 11 of 11 Posts