Modded Raptors Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 20 of 24 Posts

·
Super Moderator
5,647 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
The first two members to PM me the CORRECT answers to the Yamaha trivia questions below will win a free jug of choice with spout from UTILITY JUGS R US. Everyone please give a big thanks to UTILITY JUGS R US for supporting the forum prizes.. :banana:

The questions take a little searching, so good luck!! This should be interesting..

1. When was the Yamaha Motorcycle Company founded?

2. Before Yamaha produced its first motorcycle what did it produce?

3. In 1954 the first model was set for production. It was a 125cc, single cylinder two-stroke patterned after what German model?

4. The first Yamaha, the YAI, known to Japanese enthusiasts as Akatombo. In American what was the meaning of Akatombo?

5. How many motorcycles were produced in 1960 by this company?

6. In 1961 a period of recession hit Japan during which Yamaha, and the other major Japanese manufacturers, increased their exports so that they would not be so dependent on the home market. To help boost export sales, what did Yamaha do?

7. What was the biggest drawbacks to the sales of two-stroke bikes?

8. Yamaha technicians accomplished a major technical feat by the development and introduction of what system?

9. What did the Autolube System do?

10. In what year did Yamaha Introduce its first 2 stroke engine?

11. Yamaha realized the long-term potential of the two-stroke engine and continued to develop two-stroke bikes and concentrated on what engines?

12. In what year did their sales top 1,000,000?

·
Registered
35 Posts
i just submitted my answers. Hope they are all right..

willie

·
Registered
2,177 Posts
modded raptor post whore wins!

·
Super Moderator
5,647 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
We already have one winner, congrats yfm700lover!! :banana::banana:

We still have one more prize to give away!

·
Registered
2,177 Posts
good luck peeps. there are some hard ones in there.

·
Super Moderator
5,647 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
We have our second winner, I cant believe its over in less then two hours.:lol:

Second winner is darkrein..:thumb:

Good job guys, I know those took some searching. :beerchug:

·
Registered
18 Posts
damn... only had two left.... ararrrghghhh post the answers

·
Registered
2,177 Posts
#10 was tricky.

·
Registered
18 Posts
1954 on 10

·
Super Moderator
5,647 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
1. When was the Yamaha Motorcycle Company founded? July 1, 1955

2. Before Yamaha produced its first motorcycle what did it produce? Piano’s and Reed organs

3. In 1954 the first model was set for production. It was a 125cc, single cylinder two-stroke patterned after what German model? DKW RT125

4. The first Yamaha, the YAI, known to Japanese enthusiasts as Akatombo. In American what was the meaning of Akatombo? RED DRAGONFLY…

5. How many motorcycles were produced in 1960 by this company? 138,000

6. In 1961 a period of recession hit Japan during which Yamaha, and the other major Japanese manufacturers, increased their exports so that they would not be so dependent on the home market. To help boost export sales, what did Yamaha do? sent a team to the European Grand Prix

7. What was the biggest drawbacks to the sales of two-stroke bikes? Mixing oil and GAS

8. Yamaha technicians accomplished a major technical feat by the development and introduction of what system? The AutoLUBE

9. What did the Autolube System do? Feed oil to the critical areas of the engine

10. In what year did Yamaha Introduce its first 2 stroke engine?1st bike was in 1954.

11. Yamaha realized the long-term potential of the two-stroke engine and continued to develop two-stroke bikes and concentrated on what engines? Under 400cc

12. In what year did their sales top 1,000,000? 1973

·
Registered
2,177 Posts
:banana::rockon::thumb::lol:

·
Super Moderator
5,647 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
I will find out from the sponsor how he wants to handle this and let the winners know. Thanks for playing along guys, I cant believe how fast you guys were.. Good job..

·
Registered
35 Posts
just happen to stumble across it and thought was a good little history lesson/quiz... thanks again... If i hasn't replied to the original msg, the other people may not have seen it...lol....

willie

·
Registered
35 Posts
1. When was the Yamaha Motorcycle Company founded? July 1, 1955

2. Before Yamaha produced its first motorcycle what did it produce? Piano’s and Reed organs

3. In 1954 the first model was set for production. It was a 125cc, single cylinder two-stroke patterned after what German model? DKW RT125

4. The first Yamaha, the YAI, known to Japanese enthusiasts as Akatombo. In American what was the meaning of Akatombo? RED DRAGONFLY…

5. How many motorcycles were produced in 1960 by this company? 138,000

6. In 1961 a period of recession hit Japan during which Yamaha, and the other major Japanese manufacturers, increased their exports so that they would not be so dependent on the home market. To help boost export sales, what did Yamaha do? sent a team to the European Grand Prix

7. What was the biggest drawbacks to the sales of two-stroke bikes? Mixing oil and GAS

8. Yamaha technicians accomplished a major technical feat by the development and introduction of what system? The AutoLUBE

9. What did the Autolube System do? Feed oil to the critical areas of the engine

10. In what year did Yamaha Introduce its first 2 stroke engine?1st bike was in 1954.

11. Yamaha realized the long-term potential of the two-stroke engine and continued to develop two-stroke bikes and concentrated on what engines? Under 400cc

12. In what year did their sales top 1,000,000? 1973
i like how you cut and pasted my answers... thats how i would have done it...

lol

willie

·
R.I.P. Coop
2,192 Posts
If this is ever offered again, maybe it would be a good idea to post the rules of it in one post [such as how many questions it will be] then ask one or two questions at different intervals during a multi-day period so more members could partcipate!

Many times, many members are not online, due to one fact alone... life!

Benefits of the above would be obvious more members would benefit, more hits would be generated so more attention to this site would benefit its growth as well as countless other benefits!

1 - 20 of 24 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.